Sunday, May 2, 2010

Karlene Young Wk 4 Publishing Project Frustrations



I have been particularly frustrated trying to get ready for the Wimba session this Saturday evening. We are supposed to look at our fellow classmates’ presentations, but so many were not done, it was almost impossible to get it accomplished. I am so impressed with some of my classmates! Erin Roe’s is good enough to be published right now. She is amazing and has done an awesome job on her AR. I think Fullsail needs to hire her to teach the music class! (Nothing against Repp.) I think she needs to present at a conference with her project. Hers was 39 pages long, and I emailed her the question, “What about the 2000 words?” I had a pretty good paper when I realized it was 3000 words, so I started chopping. I feel like mine is a little too jumpy and scattered now as an article. I loved how Erin’s was so thorough. So I am guessing that we need to have several differing sizes to choose from, but I should have kept the original 3000-word doc. I feel like I am not done with this assignment. I’ll comment after the Wimba session as well.

After
Well, last night gave me a royal migraine, and then I got the flu to top it off. Six out of eight of us in my household came down with it since Thursday. I’m glad I was pretty much done with my assignments! I loved the presentation part, and would have loved to sit in on all of them. But-enough torture! My classmates are totally amazing and I am very impressed with the majority of the AR projects. I hope we can all be published.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karlene!

    You did an amazing job looking at everyone's work before Wimba. Our class size grew and grew as people were not done earlier in the week, and obviously people were still not done in time for us to really prepare. I looked at the people's work that was done Saturday morning, but didn't continue throughout a busy day. It was clear that you very conscientiously looked through all of our work, and I very much appreciated the comments you gave me through e-mail. Churning that paper out in two nights was nothing short of miraculous, but also resulted in some mistakes and poor writing. Since I still have an extra month before I have to actually submit it to a journal, I will look on it with fresh eyes this week and try to make improvements.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're sick, and can certainly relate to the migraine caused by 4-hour Wimba. Feel better soon!

    ~Erin Lodes

    ReplyDelete