Sunday, April 18, 2010

Karlene Young Wk 2 Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 3 -Possibility for Publishing


I have finally found a place that I could realistically submit a brief paper to. (The submission proposal length is a 1-3 page paper, 625-1875 words.) It is SITE, the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. There is a sub-group called SIG, Digital Storytelling Committee, which also includes Digital Video. Their next conference is about eleven months away in Nashville, Tennessee. The guidelines for the paper are very detailed and succinct, so I will have to work hard to get it done in the next two weeks, but I think it’s doable.
As I was going to register for AACE, which is the parent company, I discovered that I had an account already. Too much water under the bridge, I’ve totally lost track of all the sites I’ve joined, how about the rest of you?
There is a new topic from this year that is Teaching with Technology: Engaging Students through 21st Century Learning. They want to discuss the latest and most effective ways to engage today’s students. I think this is a great place for many of us to submit our papers to. I hope this may be beneficial to many of you as a viable alternative.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karlene, what a great find! The size requirements seem reasonable, and some succinct guidelines coupled with a generous amount of lead-time seem to be a hint that the stars are in alignment for this one.
    That's funny to hear that you found out that you were already a member; I have to admit I've done that sort of thing a few times before. Maybe one day someone will figure out an OpenID-type universal login so we won't have to worry about finding our membership info. In any event, the fact that they are looking for presentations about technology and 21st century learning seems custom-made for Full Sail EMDT students, since that's been so much of our focus; with your experience in this program paired with your theater background (which is all about engagement, as we know!) you seem like a perfect fit. I'm planning to look into the SIG division; digital video is practically my middle name. Thanks for the tip, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete