Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wk 1 Comment to Liz Dalton Wk 1 Blog 3 Copyright

Liz Dalton’s Wk 1 Blog 3 Copyright
I get so excited sometimes when I am creating a media project when I find a picture, video, or music that would be perfect in conveying just the right message that I am trying to get across. Then I get frustrated because I have to worry about copyright law.
I agree with the last interview in the Good Copy/Bad Copy documentary that everyone has a different interpretation on media. It is great to have different interpretations of artistry to enjoy. I also agree that in the digital age we are in, it is going to be increasingly difficult to police copyright law. Especially since other countries have different copyright laws. I like sharing so others can enjoy or create something different from other creation. Copyright law only makes selfish people rich and stifles others creativity.
I teach foods in high school. I love when a student likes the recipe they cooked in class and that student wants the recipe. I enjoy sharing and making others happy.

Sources: Liz Dalton’s Wk 1 Blog 3 Copyright. URL: http://web.me.com/lizdalton1/Site_4/Week_1_Media_Asset_Creation_Blog/Entries/2010/4/1_Copywrite.html
Retrieved on: April 3, 2010

Wk 1 Comment to Liz Dalton - Copyright
Liz-
I know exactly what you mean and I agree fully. I have so much fun creating videos as well, but then when you stop and say, woops, I better not use that, it kind of shuts you down. I know that many videos on YouTube now just have the ad that can take someone to a place to purchase the song they are hearing. I know my son was told in his film class in college that’s basically all you have to do now. I have been waiting to hear any more on this from FullSail, but I don’t think they’ve told us anything like that. I need to watch the copyright videos the CD has for us. I watched a really good one in about month four that made a lot of sense to me, and kind of helped me understand Fair Use. It was a 40-minute lecture by a professor. I need to pull that up again as well. I agree with the comment that it’s getting harder to police it and enforce it. I think it’s headed into a new wave of free use. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment