Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wk 1 reading - Music is classy

I was put at peace watching Benjamin Zander talk about music and the idea that everyone can love classical music. I love to tune my car radio to a classical music station on the way to and from work. I have a 15-minute commute, which isn’t very long, but it’s amazing how listening to that music for just that short amount of time puts me into a peaceful mood. When I have a stressful day, that’s the best thing I can do. It always makes my spirit soar and puts a smile on my face.
Zander could make a believer out of everyone. He can truly communicate. He uses humor, universal truths, and gets out in to his audience to connect with them. I also enjoyed the idea that he knows when he has reached someone’s soul because of his or her shining eyes. I hope to be able to connect and communicate with my students in that way. When they know that I am always on their side and am pulling for their success, they can communicate with me through shining eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment